We need to recognise and alleviate the quality of life issues that confront our elderly by:
- funding programmes that help in the use and understanding of the digital world to minimise the disconnect from and access to information that many succumb to;
- protecting their safety by the installation of security cameras in care centres and by making assaults of the elderly aggravated offences accompanied by condign punishment;
- by joining every other State in Australia in providing free ambulance travel to holders of federal Seniors Health Card holders;
- by instituting an “essential visitors” scheme to minimise the loneliness and isolation that Covid lockdowns have brought to the elderly in aged care facilities; and
- endorsing and supporting COTA’s election platform.